<p>Elliott Orkin attempts to hit the ball during his singles match against&nbsp;UNF on Jan. 22.</p>

Elliott Orkin attempts to hit the ball during his singles match against UNF on Jan. 22.

The men’s tennis team is off to solid start in its 2014-2015 season.

True freshman Chase Perez-Blanco led the way in the first tournament of the season — the ITA Summer Circuit.

The Miami native won the circuit back in July against his teammate, redshirt freshman, Joshua Wardell.

On Sept. 14, the Gator duo teamed up to win doubles consolation bracket. The two freshmen have continued to work hard through the season.

While the two freshman shined in the beginning of the season, sophomore Elliott Orkin stepped up the court and took home the SEC Fall Classic title after a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Gator teammate Maxx Lipman.

Orkin earned 2014 Southeastern Conference All-Freshman team honors after finishing his freshman year with a 23-13 record in singles play.

Throughout Orkin’s freshman season his all-time high rank was ninth in ITA doubles with partner Gordon Watson, as well as an all-time rank high of 53rd in singles.

In the summer, Orkin qualified in a spot for the 2014 $10k USA F21 Futures Main Draw.

Among a talented team, junior Gordon Watson from Naples, Florida, has shined as one of the star tennis singles players at Florida. In the ITA Summer Circuit, Gordon was crowned the singles champion and also advanced to the final round of men’s doubles at the tournament.

Florida recorded eight 4-0 sweeps in the 2014 season — UNC Wilmington, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, LSU (twice), St. John’s and USF — en route to a 17-10 record.

Their season ended after falling 4-3 to No. 3 seed Ohio State in the NCAA Tournament’s Round of 16, and UF finished its year ranked No. 15 in the national polls.

Florida will continue its season on Jan. 10 at 11 a.m. against William & Mary.

Follow Caylee Underwood on Twitter @cayunderwood