<p>Redshirt freshman Oliver Landert hits a jump-step forehand during Florida's 9-3 win against William &amp; Mary on Jan. 10 at the Ring Tennis Complex.</p>

Redshirt freshman Oliver Landert hits a jump-step forehand during Florida's 9-3 win against William & Mary on Jan. 10 at the Ring Tennis Complex.

Oliver Landert stepped up on Friday.

In just the second dual meet of his career, the redshirt freshman clinched the match-winning point in No. 13 Florida’s 5-2 win against Troy, sweeping the Trojans’ Daniel Bustamante 6-4, 6-2.

Landert was originally lined up to compete in the No. 6 spot on Friday, but after junior Diego Hidalgo was pulled out of rotation due to an injury sustained in doubles, Landert moved up to the No. 5 court.

"I was really excited to move from Court No. 6 to Court No. 5 but it was kind of weird starting out because there was a lot of shade on the court and it was difficult getting into a rhythm," Landert said. "But I was really excited to play, and clinching my first match was awesome. I really enjoyed being out there."

Once Landert got the ball rolling, there was no stopping him and the redshirt freshman said he didn’t want to stop either.

"I almost wanted to stay out there a little longer," the right-handed hitter said. "Once I got past the first set, I had to grind a little bit, but in that second set I just wanted to stay out there forever."

This match is the first of many clinches Landert hopes to secure this season.

With two matches under their belt and two victories to show for it, the Gators look to keep the winning streak going as they head into the ITA Kick-off Weekend on Saturday and Sunday.

But coach Bryan Shelton still sees room for improvement.

"We’ve got to have a better mindset for the big points," Shelton said. "We’ve got to play a little bit more aggressively and a little bit more freely on those points. ... The next time hopefully we’ll make the mistake of playing too aggressively and then we’ll find a balance. If we’re playing too safe all the time, it doesn’t allow us to be great. I don’t want to just hold onto something good, I want to go after something great."

Follow Caylee Underwood on Twitter @CayUnderwood