<p>Florida's Marquis Dendy reacts after competing in the long jump at the NCAA track and field championships on June 12 in Eugene, Ore. Dendy became the first athlete to win both the long jump and the triple jump at the NCAA Outdoors since 2002.</p>

Florida's Marquis Dendy reacts after competing in the long jump at the NCAA track and field championships on June 12 in Eugene, Ore. Dendy became the first athlete to win both the long jump and the triple jump at the NCAA Outdoors since 2002.

The Florida Men’s Track and Field team will begin its indoor season on Jan. 9 at the UAB Blazer Invitational in Birmingham, Alabama, and outdoor season on Mar. 20 at the FSU Relays.

In 2014, the Gators finished in third-place at the NCAA Indoor Championships in Albuquerque, New Mexico, behind Oregon and Arkansas, respectively.

The third-place finish was the sixth consecutive top-three finish at the NCAA Indoors for the Gators.

In a race of inches, then-senior hurdler Eddie Lovett (7.578), finished two-thousandths of a second behind the Razorbacks’ Omar McCleod (7.576) in the 60-meter hurdles to capture the runner-up finish.

In the SEC Indoor Championships in College Station, Texas, Florida finished in second place behind Arkansas.

Two Gators were crowned champions in their respective individual events. Junior Arman Hall won the 200-meter dash and Lovett took the 60-meter hurdles, his fourth such championship. The 4x400-meter relay team, featuring Hall, Najee Glass, Hugh Graham, Jr. and Dedric Dukes finished in 3:03.50 to break the program record in this event, while also recording the second-fastest time in collegiate history.

Eleven Gators were named Indoor All-Americans, including Hall, who was named Southeastern Conference Indoor Men’s Runner of the Year, and Mark Parrish, who broke the school record in the 5000-meter run (13:45.13) at the Husky Classic in Seattle, Washington.

At the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Oregon, Florida took its third straight top-two finish as the Gators finished runner-up to the champion, Oregon. Florida finished the event with 70 points, which is the most Florida has scored during this event under head coach Mike Holloway.

Marquis Dendy won the national championship in both the triple jump and long jump events. Dedric Dukes captured the championship in the 200-meter sprint. The 4x100-meter relay team — consisting of Antwan Wright, Graham Jr., Hall and Dukes — also captured the national title in their event.

Florida finished in third place at the SEC Outdoor Championships in Lexington, Kentucky.

Stipe Zunic took the shot put title, while also setting a new facility record, and Dendy went on to win the triple jump title.

While the Gators lose three athletes, including two All-Americans in Lovett and Sean Obinwa, the squad will still have Dendy, Dukes, Hall and Zunic competing this season.

The team added a class of 17 freshman and three transfers.

Follow Kyle Brutman on Twitter @KBrut13