<p>Caroline Knop serves during Florida's 3-0 win over Jacksonville at the Lemerand Athletic Center on Sept. 16, 2016.</p>

Caroline Knop serves during Florida's 3-0 win over Jacksonville at the Lemerand Athletic Center on Sept. 16, 2016.

The No. 6 Florida Gators volleyball team is already four weeks into its season.

But, as far as its athletes are concerned, their year is just getting started.

Departing on Thursday, UF is primed to begin what coach Mary Wise refers to as its second season, travelling to Ole Miss and Alabama this weekend to kick off its Southeastern Conference slate.

“Everyone in the league is 0-0,” she said. “The matches that we’ve played help us in terms of what we learn from them and what we can take from them, but we’re all at 0-0.”

And with an 18-match intraconference gauntlet rapidly approaching, the Gators will need to apply those lessons.

While only one other SEC team cracked the latest edition of the AVCA Coaches Poll, Florida will be facing stiff competition from the outset, squaring off against a pair of 11-2 teams in the Rebels and the Crimson Tide.

Ten of the conference’s 13 teams own records above .500 — five have already surpassed the 10-win mark — and this weekend’s opponents boast a combined record of 11-0 at home.

However, the Gators are confident, having carved out their identity during their current 10-match winning streak.

“Florida volleyball is physical, aggressive at the net, good passing and defense that is unstoppable,” junior libero Caroline Knop said. “That is what Florida volleyball is.”

It’s an apt description.

Reigning SEC Setter of the Week Allie Monserez sparks the attack, dishing out assists at a rate of 12.12 per set, second-best in the nation.

Captain Rhamat Alhassan leads the SEC in hitting efficiency (.415) while working in tandem with Rachael Kramer to lock down the opposition’s attack. The duo places third and second in the conference, respectively, in blocks per set.

Additionally, an 18-woman roster filled with quality depth ensures that the Gators will be able to keep up their energy deep into extra sets.

“If someone’s struggling, we can put someone in and continue playing,” Kramer said. “We have so much depth on this team, and everyone is amazing.”

Ultimately, however, it’s the beginning of a new season.

And with everyone at an even record, the Gators (10-1) will need to build that reputation back from scratch.

“Coming in here, back at practice, getting ready for our second season, (our goal) is how can we find a way to be Florida volleyball every single night,” Knop said. “We don’t always have great hitting percentages and good blocking.”

“That’s what we’re coming in here to do today, getting ready for this weekend with Ole Miss and Alabama.”

Contact Alejandro López at alopez@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @ajlb95.