Legendary Los Angeles-based bluesman The Reverend Shawn Amos will be playing alongside local band The Shakedown this Sunday, using their music to transform High Dive into a 1960s Chicago blues club.
Earlier in the month, local indie group and Swamp Records flagship artist Flipturn claimed the Destination Okeechobee Round One top spot, securing their place on the south Florida festival lineup and among artists on the rise.
Sunday night’s 24th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards had a lot of firsts. The SAG awards have always adhered to a “no host” policy, but this year’s ceremony made an exception with its first-ever host, Kristen Bell.
The new year is officially in full swing, and along with the resolutions comes one of music’s biggest events: the Grammy Awards. Airing on Sunday, the 60th anniversary of the awards show will celebrate captivating records from across genres over the past year. In honor of the event, here are…
More Avenue Stories
- The Top to host Winter barbecue benefitting local homeless shelter
- First Magnitude Springs Run to expand into Springs Fest. Here’s what to expect if you go.
- Review: Streep and Hanks Uphold the 1st Amendment in “The Post”
- Somewhere Along The Way relocates from Micanopy to downtown Gainesville
- Three chart-topping artists who we need albums from in 2018
- Zach Deputy, Come Back Alice and more to perform at High Dive
- Over Easy Creative to host 80s Ski Lodge concert featuring MZG, FRQ NCY and more
- Lucid Nightlife and Pizza & Champagne to host Back To School Bash at Simon’s
- Of Montreal to perform at High Dive
- Indie Flea to hold last monthly event, extend to other cities
- Five ways to celebrate the holidays in Gainesville
- Atlanta duo ATLiens to perform at Simons
- Review: Denzel Washington saves “Roman J. Israel, Esq.”
- Visionary CrossFit to host Art Walk, drum and bass show
- Realm to host 24-hour closing party ‘The Last Dance’
- Swamp Records, Over Easy Creative to host Fall Closing Party
- The Hippodrome presents 40th year of ‘A Christmas Carol’
- The Heavy Pets to perform at High Dive