Last November, a bike equipped with an enormous elephant sculpture rode down the streets of Gainesville. Behind it, cyclists pulled a small stage with the local band Flat Land.
This Saturday, just a month before Fest returns to Gainesville and punk rock rears its madcap head once again, Curia on the Drag is hosting AM/PM, a celebration of Fest’s 15th anniversary with the perfect ingredients: local music, local coffee and local beer.
The Atlantic will bring supernatural sensation “Stranger Things” to Gainesville on Friday night. Prepare to meet plenty of Barbs and Elevens as series enthusiasts hit the downtown venue for an ’80s jam session and costume party.
More Avenue Stories
- Hip-hop artist spotlight: 24hrs
- Gainesville Record Fair brings nostalgia, classic music to GNV listeners
- Netflix binge drinking game: "The Originals"
- Monthly arts market hits downtown
- Romance in Gainesville: Five local first-date ideas
- Punk rock band Ballyhoo! to perform at High Dive
- Mink coats, lingerie and dragon costume: Hippodrome hosts costume sale
- After a drunk Gator Growl performance, comedian Brooks Wheelan returns to Gainesville
- Sunstock Solar Festival brings sustainable jams
- Taste’s pho-eating contest returns
- Local rappers perform at High Dive showcase
- The Wooly to go retro with 'Under the Boardwalk'
- One Love Cafe shows local art
- Botanical Gardens to hold Paint Out
- Mediocre Advice: friends, parties
- The Heavy Pets brings Beatles tribute show to High Dive
- Music Roundup: PartyNextDoor, Travis Scott and more
- UF students develop app 'FOMO' for drink specials