Music has the power to lift us up and carry us out of situations, whether those situations are just crossing the street or crossing the border.
This Sunday, UF’s College of the Arts and the School of Music will be holding the 67th annual “Sounds of the Season” concert with the theme “¡el Festival!” This concert will be held at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
With finals right around the corner, study hotspots on campus quickly overflow with stressed-out students and red coffee cups. This exam season, skip waiting in line at the Marston Science Library Starbucks or wandering through Library West for a place to settle. Instead, check out some of G…
Since last Friday, the Hippodrome State Theatre has been performing a unique, comedic Christmas story. The show, “The Ultimate Christmas Show (Abridged),” will run until Dec. 18, with shows every day of the week besides Mondays.
It’s been nearly a decade since we said goodbye to Lorelai and Rory, and still the “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” revival couldn’t have come a minute too soon. The revival brings the Gilmore girls into present day, complete with smartphones, social media and “Hamilton.” With four episod…
More Avenue Stories
- The Atlantic celebrates book on Gainesville’s punk past
- Pop up vintage market to return this weekend
- Drinking game: Thanksgiving with family edition
- UF shows international art as part of education week
- A guide to celebrating Thanksgiving break in Gainesville
- Must-dos for your last Gator gameday
- DJ, musician AC Slater visiting Gainesville for second time
- Best local beers for fall
- Over Easy Fest returns to downtown with music, art
- Drunken munchies: a guide to local late-night eating
- Fall Festival to debut in downtown Gainesville
- Alternative rock band The Lonely Biscuits to hit High Dive
- Maker Faire comes to The Wooly
- Designer holds fashion show for sex-slavery awareness
- TV review: ‘American Horror Story: Roanoke’ brings twists
- UF School of Theatre and Dance hosts Fall BFA Dance Showcase
- UF grad to play at The Bull
- Flat Land celebrates album, offers free performance