Gainesville artists will have another outlet of exposure to the community during Artwalk.

Art Attack, a free local art show and craft fair with live music from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., will be hosted Friday at High Dive, located at 210 SW Second Ave. The event is the brainchild of Pat Lavery, the owner of Glory Days Presents concert promotion company, and Sarah White, the Art Attack coordinator.

While visiting Jacksonville, Florida, about two years ago, White was in awe of its thriving art scene and weekly events at venues. She searched for the same atmosphere in Gainesville but couldn’t find it.

When White came across Artwalk, a display of varied art forms held downtown the last Friday of every month, she noticed its “lack of buzz.”

That’s when she got in touch with Lavery and pitched the idea of Art Attack at High Dive. Lavery supported White’s concept.

Presenting Art Attack at High Dive, as part of Artwalk, would allow Gainesville’s affluence of art reach the public more successfully, White said.

Art Attack has since become a quarterly event.

Lavery is in charge of booking local music with an acoustic style that suits the event’s laid-back ambience. Starting at 7:30 p.m., each band or soloist is allotted 30 to 40 minutes to perform.

The Pine Drape, an acoustic instrumental band, will be performing Friday.

Members John Sassano and Brad Woolard have played music together for the past 12 years, Sassano said.

The Pine Drape also performs at venues such as weddings, private parties, open mics, bars and lounges.

The band’s slogan is “simple melodies to soothe the soul.”

White is in charge of reaching out to artists. The event is free for the artists as well.

Artists Carrie and Jesus Martinez will be showcasing their art Friday.

Both artists are affiliated with Visionary CrossFit, located at 716 N. Main St., a gym that also focuses on the community and the arts, according to its website.

Jesus is the owner and head coach. Carrie is the gym’s gallery curator.

Carrie, Jesus and Tim Malles, a local astronomy artist, collaborated to paint what is now High Dive’s Second Avenue wall mural.

The mural measures about 30 by 60 feet, according to Lavery.

It represents the “local flavor and beauty of Gainesville,” Carrie said.

Carrie will be live painting and selling paper prints of the mural and original paintings.

“Art Attack is a wonderful way to get underground artists out there,” Carrie said.

Artist Alix Mathia has sold her work in previous events. She finds the “beauty in things other people would think are useless” by creating upcycled jewelry.

She uses materials such as vinyl records and bottle caps.

Because of Art Attack’s informal presentation, she finds that this event gives the public the opportunity to speak with the artists and for the artists to network with each other.

“This is a community filled with extremely talented people that see things in a beautiful way,” Mathia said.