The classic ‘80s film “Ghostbusters” will return to the theater this weekend at the Hippodrome Cinema, located at the Hippodrome State Theatre, for its Time Warp 80s Night. 

The exclusive showing of the film will be at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in conjunction with the Alachua County Library District Headquarters’ Fandomonium comic con event.

“It’s a special night,” said Sarah Kunkler, the Hippodrome Cinema director and patron services manager.

The Hippodrome Cinema has hosted Time Warp events in the past, but this is the first time “Ghostbusters” will be shown. 

Past classics screened include “Back to the Future” and “Rocky Horror Picture Show.”

The Fandomonium event prior to the film’s showing will run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the headquarters branch of the Alachua County Library District, located in downtown Gainesville. Guests are encouraged to dress up in costumes.

Sylvia Ashwell, the Fandomonium coordinator, said there were more than 700 guests in attendance last year. 

Among the attendees, some dressed up as characters from “Wolverine,” “Catwoman,” “Lord of the Rings,” “Star Wars” and “Game of Thrones,” she said.

Fandomonium guests are encouraged to attend the Hippodrome Cinema showing of “Ghostbusters.” Anyone who attends both Fandomonium and the “Ghostbusters” showing will receive free popcorn at the cinema with admission.

The cinema holds 75 people and is expected to sell out. Advance tickets can be purchased at the box office for $12. Attendees are encouraged to dress up in ‘80s or “Ghostbusters” attire.  

Kunkler said the more people get involved with the event, the more fun it will be. 

“It’s contagious and really fun,” Kunkler said.