The Gainesville Vintage Pop Up Market will open this weekend for the second time this year. The market will sell vintage and handmade items, including jewelry, clothes, linens and antique hardware, in support of local artisans.

Judy Phillips, the owner of Soleil Vintage and the event’s coordinator, organized the first pop-up market in June.

“It was pretty busy last time,” Phillips said.

She said she thought the market received a great deal of attention and that everyone had a lot of fun. Vintage lovers showed up to buy or admire the market’s ageless items, and people who happened to be downtown also came in to look.

Unfortunately, the market had to be cut short due to bad summer weather, but with the positive reception of the first market, Phillips and other vendors are hopeful for the future.

This weekend, the second market will take place at the Poole Building, located at 720 SE Second St.

“This time it has been smoother,” Phillips said.

She said she hopes that as the market becomes more stable and easier to organize, it will become a monthly event for Gainesville residents to enjoy.

Phillips said there will be something for everyone at the market, from people who want to buy distinctive decorative items to those who want to wear clothes that are different from everyone else’s. There is also a wide range of prices across the market.

Brianna Cryar, a UF senior and the owner of beauty-product online business Avani, will be one of the vendors present at the market. Cryar sells organic hair and skin products, which she makes on her own. This will be the first time she has participated in this event, but she said she feels excited to participate based on her experiences at other markets.

“I love it when they are interested in the process behind it,” Cryar said. She gets to explain the processes she finds so relaxing as well as the ways in which she discovers different recipes.

Cryar said the access to such a large body of students is a perk for vendors. She said she believes her generation is particularly interested in handmade and organic products and that a large group of young customers will help make this market a success.

The market will be open with free admission Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Friday, there will be a sneak peak from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for an entrance fee of $3.