See it: ‘The Peppermint King’

Locally written, “The Peppermint King” will be at the Acrosstown Repertory Theatre. Set in the Ukraine in the 1920s, the show takes a twist and brings the audience to a magical land where everything is red and white. We don’t know too much about this play except it’s a “comic dystopian psychedelic fantasy,” and, hey, that’s reason enough for us to go. The show runs Friday to Feb. 9, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. All tickets are $10 at Sweet Dreams or at the door 45 minutes before the show. Tickets can also be purchased online at acrosstown.org.

Hear it: Boy & Bear

For the folk music lovers of Gainesville, Boy & Bear has released “Harlequin Dream Sampler,” a four-track taste of the band. Similar to Band of Horses, the Australian indie rockers are essential background music to your day. The best part? It’s free. Boy & Bear is offering up the sampler for a donation starting at $6. Listen and enjoy at noisetrade.com.

Watch it: Grammys

Haven’t gotten enough of award season yet? Tune into the Grammys this Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS, and root for your favorite celebs. Sure, pretty much every song has been overplayed on the radio to the point where our ears bleed, but we can’t resist watching a good snub. We’re sure Taylor Swift is already practicing her surprised face for every time she wins an award.

Click it: In B Flat

Taking 20 YouTube videos that are all in the same musical key, inbflat.net is a collaborative music project that we can spend hours playing with. The videos are all different, ranging from people talking to recordings of children’s toys, and they can be played all at once or separately. By picking and choosing which video to play and when, you can hear a different song every time.

[A version of this story ran on page 10 on 1/23/2014 under the headline "Fresh Picked"]