<p>Courtesy to the Alligator&nbsp;</p>

Courtesy to the Alligator 

3LAU, a progressive house and electro DJ, has taken the world by storm since 2011 with his remixes and original songs and is set to perform at the Florida Theatre on Friday. The show, which is presented by Lucid Nightlife, will take place from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.

The concert was originally supposed to take place on Oct. 5, 2016, but was rescheduled due to Hurricane Matthew.

Matt Collins, the owner and head promoter of Lucid Nightlife, said the show being rescheduled to a Friday as opposed to a Wednesday will be a good thing for everyone involved, especially the fans. He said he hopes the weekend date coupled with 3LAU’s massive popularity will create a great experience for attendees.

“He’s one of those people that, even if you don’t listen to his genre of music directly, when he tours he plays music to the crowd,” Collins said. “On top of that, he’s just really down to earth and a super cool guy.”

In addition to creating feel-good tracks, 3LAU, also known as Justin Blau, is also known for giving back. He has raised over $200,000 dollars over the years for Pencils of Promise, a nonprofit dedicated to creating schools in the developing world. In 2016, he created a charity label, Blume, which raises money based on the amount of plays certain songs receive on Spotify.

“To us, it shows us that he really cares about his fans and the scene,” Collins said. “We’re excited to bring his tour to Florida and see how it does.”

3LAU’s performance comes less than a week after Lucid Nightlife brought Tchami, a widely known French house producer, to the Florida Theatre for a sold-out show. Collins said the buzz from Tchami will most likely carry over to 3LAU, and this show will be very close to a sellout.

John Tamburro, a 22-year-old UF business administration senior who DJs under the name Low Poly, will be opening the show. He said that he looks forward to opening for a DJ with music like 3LAU’s.

“3LAU’s music is super fun and high-energy,” Tamburro wrote in an email. “As an opener, I get to warm everyone up to that sort of energy, which is a great chance to play interesting, left-field tunes that still make you want to move your feet.”

Although Tamburro is taking a break from DJing shortly after the 3LAU show to improve as an artist, he said he’s excited to have this set as one of his last for reasons beyond 3LAU’s worldwide fame.

“For the record, I think 3LAU’s charity work is very important,” he said. “EDM culture is typically seen as hedonistic and consumerist, and that couldn’t be further from the truth. Having a high profile artist like 3LAU working to improve education infrastructure is more vital than ever in this political climate, and he’s setting a great standard for every artist fortunate enough to be in that position.”

Tickets range from $15 to $35. Prince Fox, Loosid and local performer Low Poly will be opening the show.

Courtesy to the Alligator