Lucid Nightlife, an electronic music events company based in Gainesville, is hosting its third edition of their Back To School Bash concert Thursday at Simon’s Nightclub, located at 8 S. Main St. The biannual event is held during the first week of each semester, and has been consistently growing since its inception in August 2016.

As for Thursday’s edition of the Back To School Bash event, production duo Dusty Bits will headline, with local artists Tyler Anthony and FLTHYVBZ providing opening support. Tickets range from $8 to $20, with Simon’s offering various drink specials throughout the night. Doors open at 10 p.m., with the concert running until 2 a.m.

Throughout the past year, Lucid Nightlife has brought electronic producers of varying genres from all around the country to Gainesville. In addition to Thursday’s headliner, they’ve brought artists like Tchami, Candyland, Herobust, Eptic and more. The company is expected to bring various concerts to Gainesville this semester in addition to Thursday’s show.

Thursday’s headliner, Dusty Bits, hails from Buffalo, New York. The duo has been consistently on the rise for the past year now, presenting intense bass house singles and remixes for various artists. Their most recent remix of future funk producer GRiZ’s “My Friends & I” premiered this past Friday, and has already climbed to nearly 25,000 plays across music streaming platforms.

Matt Collins, the owner and creator of Lucid Nightlife, said Dusty Bits originally caught his attention at Asteria Music Festival. The company co-hosted this boutique festival located in Osteen, Florida, for its debut run in April of this year.

“We loved their live performance and wanted to see them come to Gainesville, so thought this would be a good fit,” he said. “They play high-energy music and are very diverse in other genres, so we feel they can play to a college crowd well.”

Collins said that the Back To School Bash has steadily gotten bigger over the course of the past year, with more inquiries coming in over the summer about Thursday’s event. He said that he hopes to see the event continue to grow over time.

“In five years from its inception it would be great to see it as more of a block party or festival that really sets the bar in Gainesville for the semester when it comes to partying,” he said.