College is a time for expression, creativity and independence — but these goals can be hard to pursue without a little cash.

If you are a college student interested in fashion and entrepreneurship, AVA GRAY direct, a New York-based fashion company, has just launched a contest with your name on it.

In honor of International Women’s Day on March 8, the company has launched its “Dream to Own: Win a Fashion Business!” contest, where one winner will receive their very own home-based fashion boutique and all the tools needed to make it a success.

The start-up kit includes the entire AVA GRAY direct collection of clothing and accessories, as well as promotional catalogs and style guides. The startup kit is valued at more than $1,600.

The winner will also receive a personal visit from AVA GRAY direct’s founder and president Lynn Zachos, who will provide them with her own tips for success.

By selling the company’s clothing and accessories at private in-home fashion parties or online, the winner will be able to earn commissions.

The contest runs from Feb. 1 to Feb. 28.

To enter, entrants must like and share the “Dream to Own: Win a Fashion Business!” contest post on the AVA GRAY direct Facebook page, www.facebook.com/avagraydirect, and submit a 250-word essay on why they want to win. Essays are submitted via the “Contest” tab on the Facebook page.

Entrants may also follow Ava Gray Direct on Twitter, @avagraydirect, tweet about the contest with #avagraydirectcontest and submit the 250-word essay to the company’s email, info@avagraydirect.com.

The winner will be announced on March 8 on the company’s Facebook page and official website, www.avagraydirect.com.

The opportunity offers a way for students to make some extra money, all while pursuing entrepreneurship, undoubtedly a win-win.