First Magnitude Springs Run to expand into Springs Fest. Here’s what to expect if you go.

<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-5d8c5d80-01e3-9486-704b-a812bcd48faf"><span>First Magnitude Brewing Company’s popular 7.2K Springs Run, which raises money for springs protection Saturday, will be followed by Springs Fest, a fun day full of activities.</span></span></p>

First Magnitude Brewing Company’s popular 7.2K Springs Run, which raises money for springs protection Saturday, will be followed by Springs Fest, a fun day full of activities.

For the first time ever, First Magnitude Brewing Company’s popular 7.2K Springs Run, which raises money for springs protection Saturday, will be followed by Springs Fest, a fun day full of activities. After breaking a sweat for water preservation, Gainesville residents will be able to relax, enjoy some art, have a beer and listen to live music.

According to a facebook post, artists and craft vendors Curtis Whitwam, Jenna Horner Art and Crooked Path Forge will be in attendance in addition to family friendly workshops. The Florida Springs Institute will also show a documentary teaching about springs conservation.

The annual Springs Run benefits the Howard T. Odum Florida Springs Institute, an educational non-profit in High Springs dedicated to ensuring the restoration of the Florida springs.

Amelia Cecilia, a 24-year-old Gainesville resident, praised the importance of the Florida Springs Institute and how having events like this can help strengthen our community.

“It’s important to get together as a community for this event, because we all share this planet, and we all share the water,” Cecilia said. “It is all of our responsibilities to maintain our local ecology and do our best to leave the planet better than it was when we got here.”

Cecilia owns a small business called The Comfort Zone, an event service geared toward creating a safe and comfortable environment for children and families at large events. She will be at Springs Fest painting faces and facilitating arts and crafts to ensure a kid-friendly vibe at First Magnitude.

Cecilia said she will provide the kids with crayons and markers for coloring and that she had planned on making sun-catchers and spirit flags as well.

“Other amenities I plan on providing include a reading corner and kid friendly beverages and, of course, face painting,” said Cecilia. “It should be fun.”

The party will continue after the sun goes down. There will be live music from popular bands Aquanova, Locochino, Observatory, Noah Mac Music, The Funky Miracle and a new Gainesville band Headstash.

“I think I am most excited to see Headstash,” Cecilia said. “They’re a fairly new band that is full of talent and heart. I’m also excited for the Funky Miracle because I just saw The Meters in St. Pete last weekend, and I’m still ready to boogie down.”

Similar to the Springs Run, a $10 donation at the Springs Fest will account for discounts on beer and art while supporting the Florida Springs Institute.

“They are doing a great job of educating people on the importance of protecting our water sources, and they are doing the best they can to combat overpopulation and climate change through education and awareness,” said Cecilia.

Springs Fest 2018 will be at First Magnitude from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. directly after the annual 7.2k Springs Run.