truck1.jpg

Attendees wait in line for Cora's Kitchen food truck at the third-annual Original Gainesville Food Truck rally in January, 2016.

A great way to start off the summer is by getting a taste of different cuisines from across the area.

The High Dive and Glory Days Presents will be hosting the Original Gainesville Food Truck Rally on Saturday, starting at 5 p.m., located at the High Dive on 210 SW Second Ave., in downtown Gainesville.

The food truck rally will be raising money for Five Points Of Life, an affiliate organization of LifeSouth Community Blood Centers, dedicated to raising awareness of the five ways to share life with others through blood, apheresis, marrow, umbilical cord blood and organ and tissue donation.

The event is free, and visitors will be able to vote for their favorite food truck by donating money in the jar of their favorite truck. All donations will be going to charity, and the winning truck will get a prize from a local sponsor.

“I’ve been going to these food truck rallies for about two years now, and it never disappoints,” Nikolas Georgio, a Gainesville local, said. “You have to come with an appetite and a mood to eat food from burgers to tacos, and salads to brownies.”

The event will have live music by Bobby Kennedy and Julien Kozak. Visitors will be able to participate in the rally’s first karaoke inside the High Dive.

The High Dive will be fully stocked with a beer, wine and liquor bar outside on the deck of the High Dive. Non-alcoholic drinks will be available from the tents in the parking lot.

This event requires no tickets and is open to everyone of all ages, and well-behaved dogs are welcome as well.

There will be free street parking located around the area, and visitors also have the option of parking at the Southwest Downtown Garage for $5.

“I would suggest bringing an open-mind. Some of the food can get eccentric and people can be a little standoff (sic),” Georgio said. “I was never a fan of vegan food until I tried a tofu burger, it made my tastebuds explode.”