<p>The event will feature a Harley Davidson showcase, live music and more.&nbsp;</p>

The event will feature a Harley Davidson showcase, live music and more. 

With leather and lipstick galore, High Dive is traveling back in time to the Rockabilly era with the help of Gainesville’s Eclectic Electric.

Rockabilly represents the rock ’n’ roll culture of the early 1950s — a time when greasers and pin-up girls reigned supreme and an Elvis Presley record was a must. With the support of Gainesville Harley Davidson, Eclectic Electric is bringing that spirit to High Dive Thursday at 8 p.m. with Rockabilly Rumble.

The event will include live music, food vendors, contests and various art installations. Rockabilly Rumble is open to guests 18 years old and up. Guests under 21 will pay an additional $3 convenience fee. Tickets are available at Ticketfly.com for $6 in advance and $8 on the day of show.

Eclectic Electric is an art and experience-centric event and entertainment service. Creator Tyler Hale and his partner Jake Del Valle created Rockabilly Rumble as the first of many decade-themed events to come.

“We really had the desire to do something that hasn’t been done in a while here,” Del Valle said. “There’s disco parties often. There’s disco parties, there’s other types of grunge rock ‘n’ roll parties that happen, but it’s been a while since anyone has thrown this type of party.”

Del Valle said that while he is responsible for the organization side of the event, Hale is the creative mastermind behind Rockabilly Rumble. Hale is creating the art and decor for the event — from retro signs to interactive pieces for guests to enjoy.

“Tyler’s ability to create and to have a vision for things and then just put it into reality — that’s really important, and his art is going to speak for that time that he’s put into it,” Del Valle said. “I go every day and see the stuff he’s working on…. Every day it’s looking more beautiful.”

Rockabilly Rumble guests will have the opportunity to participate in several events. Harley Davidson will showcase their 2018 line of retro-style bikes. Guests will also have the chance to show off their old-school rides with Rockabilly Rumble’s classic car and vintage motorcycle contests.

Guests are also encouraged to dress for the era, as the event will feature audience-judged best-dressed contests for greaser guys and pin-up girls. Applause from the audience will set off Hale’s homemade “applause-o-meter” to determine the guests with the baddest look of all.

Then, to remember their stellar get-up, guests can head over to the Eclectic Electric photo booth and grab some pictures.

Beside the contests, Rockabilly Rumble will also feature its own mini “drive-in” theatre where guests can grab a bag of popcorn and an Arnold Palmer to catch a ‘50s sci-fi flick or vintage cartoons. Guests who need a little more than popcorn can grab a taco or two from Rockabilly Rumble’s food vendor, Soul Spice.

To slow down and enjoy some quiet tunes, guests can step into the Rockabilly Rumble listening booth. There, they can choose from nearly 100 vinyl records.

“It’s good for people who might not have played with records before or touched a turntable, so we’re giving them the experience to go back in time and listen to some music the old-fashioned way,” Del Valle said.

In addition to records, Rockabilly Rumble will also feature live performances from a variety of artists. R. P. Allen is a one-man-band coming in from Tallahassee along with his cigar box guitar, suitcase drums and harmonica. Hale will also be performing a set of his own curated music. Gainesville DJ Dillon Rose will be the Rockabilly Rumble DJ, performing two unique rock ‘n’ roll sets.

“I really think it’s going to be not only a fun event but really something different that Gainesville hasn’t seen in a while,” Del Valle said.