June marks the official start of the all-too-familiar hurricane season here in Florida.

Hurricane season runs from June 1 through Nov. 30, according to the National Hurricane Center. Recently, Floridians were hit with their first taste of the stormy season with the landing of Subtropical Storm Alberto.

Florida citizens are used to the chaotic and unpredictable storm weather pattern. Unlike the rest of the world, Floridians seem to fall into an autopilot preparedness mode. The shock has completely left our systems, and we plan accordingly.

What part of that plan is constantly talked about, especially here in Gainesville? The hurricane party.

You know, the huge party you have with all the snacks, games and other entertainment you and your friends may need in case the power goes out and the storm keeps you inside.

Every good hurricane party needs a playlist to keep your energy and spirits up in a very gray, gloomy time. As a hurricane is an extreme storm, it only seems appropriate to have your songs be rain, storm, shelter and high-spirited in theme.

“Umbrella” by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z

“Hot in Herre” by Nelly

“Everyday We Lit” by YFN Lucci featuring PnB Rock

“Be OK” by Ingrid Michaelson

“Just Fine” by Mary J. Blige

“God’s Plan” by Drake

“Calm Down” by Skip Marley

“Jumpman” by Drake and Future

“No Tears Left to Cry” by Ariana Grande

“You Can Find Me” by Jess Glynne

“7/11” by Beyoncé

“Chill Bill” by Rob $tone featuring J. Davi$ and Spooks

“Pound The Alarm” by Nicki Minaj

“Purple Rain” by Prince

“Swimming Pools (Drank)” by Kendrick Lamar