The roommates of apartment 4D would agree there are two ways to spend your first weekend of the semester. Option one: You could cuddle up on the couch and binge watch “Dirty Dancing” while hysterically crying into a pillow — Jessica Day style. Option two: You could go crazy with your friends and attempt to play a game of “True American.” With both options being a bit extreme, it’s best to just settle for a happy medium. Yes, it’s finally here — a “New Girl” drinking game!

How to get started? Invite over your Nick Miller-like friend to help whip up the drinks, take a seat on the couch with your friends, tune in to your favorite season, and at last, let the game begin. The Fox sitcom follows the daily lives and shenanigans of four roommates living in a loft in California. With all roommates in their early 30s trying to find love and stable careers, they often run into some strange scenarios.

If you and your friends are anything like the tenants of apartment 4D, then you’ll have no trouble following the rules to this game.

If Nick Miller were writing this, he would probably recommend staying away from Absinthe.