You CAN have your protein cake and eat it, too, with these two delicious recipes:

LivFit’s Jolly Green Monster PB&J protein pancakes

Ingredients:

For the pancake batter:

1/4 cup oats

1/8 teaspoon baking powder

2 cups spinach

1/3 cup liquid egg whites

1/2 scoop protein powder (I used Cellucor’s cinnamon-swirl flavored Performance Whey.)

1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk

1 packet of Truvia

Dash of cinnamon

For the topping:

1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup (I used Walden Farms brand.)

1 tablespoon PB2 (defatted peanut butter flour)

1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter

1 tablespoon sugar-free jelly (I like Smucker’s sugar-free raspberry preserves the most.)

Directions:

Combine all the pancake ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until mixed and batter is formed.

Pour one-quarter of batter onto preheated nonstick pan on medium heat (you can spray nonstick cooking spray lightly before, but remember, those are not calorie-free. The labels are deceiving, so spray only what you need. I take a paper towel and wipe around the pan to soak up any unnecessary oil. There will be some still left on the pan to do its job, I promise).

When the pancake starts to form bubbles on top, it’s ready to flip. Each side should only cook for about one to two minutes. Repeat to make four pancakes.

For the topping, stir PB2 into the syrup and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir again.

Stack the pancakes, pour on PB syrup mixture and top with the all-natural peanut butter and jelly.

Chocolate peanut butter pudding

I eat this almost every night before going to bed. The healthy fats from the peanut butter (or almonds) will bind with the protein, which will slow down the digestion and protein absorption. This is OK to consume before bed — especially when you are leading an active lifestyle. This will feed those muscles while your body is fasting overnight.

Ingredients:

1 scoop protein powder (I’m a chocoholic, so the more chocolate, the better. I used Cellucor’s molten chocolate Performance Whey.)

½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

2 tablespoons PB2 (defatted peanut butter powder. You can buy at local GNC or D’lites.)

1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter or 10 almonds for added texture to pudding

¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Dash of cinnamon (optional)

½ Quest Nutrition protein bar (optional. You can buy at local GNC or D’lites.)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl (I like to use a coffee mug for no reason other than the fact that it gives me a warm, cozy feeling). Microwave for two or three 15-second intervals, stirring the pudding in between until desired heat and consistency is formed. If you are feeling beastly, crumble the half Quest Nutrition protein bar (cookie dough flavor is my favorite) on top.

Time to eat!

Warning: You will forget this is healthy.