Gleeks, the wait is over.  The show that left America singing its high school heart out is back from hibernation, and not a moment too soon.

For those of you who have been living under a rock, I’ll forgive and forget if you tune in when the show returns Tuesday on Fox after a four-month hiatus.

But just because we haven’t been able sit in awe as New Directions belts out another powerhouse ballad doesn’t mean the stars haven’t been hard at work. The cast made an appearance at the annual White House Easter Egg Roll invited by the first lady herself on Monday. Yesterday, the cast invaded the set of “Oprah” for a “Glee”-centered episode. This summer, the cast will embark on a national  tour, performing its Broadway-infused songs to adoring fans. And get yourself to the nearest store to snatch a copy of this week’s Rolling Stone as cast members are featured on a 1950s- themed cover.

So what will become of our favorite McKinley High kids when the show kicks off? Although the season ended with  the thank-goodness-this-finally-happened kiss between Will and Emma, the songsters winning sectionals, and Sue Sylvester getting kicked off her high horse for sabotaging Glee club, we have many questions left to be answered. Can Finn ever come to his senses and snatch up Rachel before it’s too late? Will the snappy, sneaky Sue finally seek her revenge upon Glee club? And can Puck halt his wandering eye and take care of Quinn and his baby?

Aside from the obvious plot twists and turns that we have to look forward to (oh, who am I kidding? We only care about the music),  creator Ryan Schwartz has also lined up quite the itinerary of guest stars as Neil Patrick Harris, Idina Menzel, Molly Shannon and the reoccurring Kristen Chenoweth splash onto the “Glee” scene in the coming weeks. Also new to the show is Jonathan Groff, most known for starring in the Broadway smash “Spring Awakening” with Lea Michele. Groff will play Jesse St. James, a member of Glee club’s rival group, Vocal Adrenaline, as well as an amorous contender for Rachel’s heart.

We can laugh at Kurt’s diva prowess and swoon over Puck’s mohawk all we want, but when push comes to shove, there’s really only one thing on everyone’s mind: What are they going to sing?! 

The show kicks off next week with something a little different: an entire episode with original music. Dubbed “Original Song,” the episode will feature the kids writing and performing their own pieces of music. Skeptics, hold your horses and don’t turn away quite yet because after this innovative episode airs, we will be on to the…wait for it…entirely Madonna-themed episode. The set list features hits like “Vogue” and “Like a Virgin.”  Bonus? The album, titled “The Music, the Power of Madonna” is already available for pre-order on iTunes. Other songs on tap for this season? Promos feature Lea Michele belting out “Like a Prayer” (also from the Madonna episode) and the cast version of “Hello Goodbye.” But what got most fans in a bedazzled tizzy was the announcement that “Glee” would take on Lady GaGa’s “Bad Romance” and “Poker Face.” Cue the gleegasms.

So there you have it, gleeks. New songs, new drama, new romance and new Sue Sylvester zingers are headed our way. It’s pretty clear that “Glee” is well on its way to taking over the world. We wouldn’t want it any other way. For more on “Glee,” visit Fox.com/glee.