Medical drama fans have had a big whole in their hearts ever since “House” ended its final season last May. Luckily, this fall’s lineup adds a few new prescriptions that might fill the void.

“The Mob Doctor” stars Jordana Spiro as Grace Devlin, a young new doctor who made a deal with the mob to spare her brother’s life. From the gruesome opening scene to a near-deadly car chase, “The Mob Doctor” is guaranteed to get your heart racing. Fans of “The Soprano’s” and “Grey’s Anatomy” alike should tune in to Fox every Monday at 9 p.m.

“The Mindy Project” debuted Tuesday to almost universally positive reviews — as would be expected from a show thats lead actress/producer is fresh off the set of “The Office.” Mindy Kaling stars as Mindy Kahili, an OB-GYN with a successful medical practice and a fruitless love life. Expect that to change early, as her co-stars include two attractive doctors vying for her attention in the office and in the bedroom. Romantic-comedy fanatics should tune in to Fox Tuesday at 9:30 p.m.

“Emily Owens, M.D.” stars Mamie Gummer, daughter of Meryl Streep, in her first lead television role. The show’s extended preview features a “Mean Girls”-inspired sequence in which Gummer’s character is schooled on the cliques in the hospital. “Emily Owens, M.D.” premieres Oct. 16 at 9 p.m. on the CW.

Finally, “Do No Harm” is the show with the highest expectations and the highest probable payoff. Steven Pasquale stars as Jason Cole, a doctor who has been taking experimental drugs to suppress his Mr. Hyde counterpart for years. But now, the drugs aren’t working and Ian Price comes out every night to wreak havoc on everything Jason Cole does. “Do No Harm” is set to appear as a midseason replacement on NBC.

One of these shows should do the trick to fulfill your medical drama cravings. If not, there’s always the tried and true “Grey’s Anatomy” on ABC every Thursday at 9 p.m.