During my two weeks of freedom between the Summer and Fall terms I, of course, did what any other college kid in America would do: binge watch Netflix and binge drink.

But now with the semester rolling back in, we’re aware it’s hard to have both a social life and some downtime to catch up on your favorite shows. So every week this semester, the Avenue has a solution for you. You can, in fact, combine both. How so? Netflix binge drinking games.

This week’s game? A show you may or may not have heard of, but will definitely keep in mind while you’re skimming through Netflix on a Friday night.

After watching the inmates of Litchfield Penitentiary splash around in a lake for a dreadful 10 minutes, my heart broke for three reasons: One, there was no epic ending to "Orange Is the New Black" season three. Two, "Orange Is the New Black" season three is over. And three, WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT JUNE?

Luckily, I found just the right show to hold off on our newfound female-prison-life craze: "Wentworth."

The Australian television series follows the story of Bea Smith, a first-time offender incarcerated on a much more serious offense than Litchfield’s Piper Kerman.

With badass women and intense violence consuming almost every scene, Wentworth prison makes Litchfield look like a walk in the park.

While the inmates of Litchfield braid each other’s hair and sew panties, the inmates of Wentworth engage in merciless "top-dog" wars, stopping at no cost to avenge anyone who gets in their way.

And before you assume the Aussie drama is a rip-off of "Orange Is the New Black," you may want to know the show was released May 2013, a month before "Orange Is the New Black" premiered.

The score as far as women’s prison shows are concerned? One for Australia. Zero for America.

Oh, and one too many for my liver. Bottoms up!

Take a shot…

• When you fall in love with the Aussie accents (This’ll only take a few seconds.)
  • During every flashback
  • When the guards engage in questionable behavior

Take a sip…

• During every scene that there’s blood

• Every time you hear someone being called "mate"

• When someone defies the top dog

• Every time there’s a drug smuggle

• When someone’s thrown in the wet cell (That’s the Aussie version of the SHU.)

Finish your drink…

• When someone dies

• While you’re crying (Because you will.)

• To deal with the emotional trauma

• When you realize you’ve watched a whole season in one sitting

Contact Laura Gomez at lgomez@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @_lauramgomez