Throughout the past eight years, “How I Met Your Mother” fans have attempted to uncover the identity of Ted Mosby’s baby-mama to no avail.

Luckily, television’s best-kept secret may be unveiled in the show’s final season.

In fall, rumors began to circulate that this season would be Jason Segel’s last, which left the fate of the show in question.

Segel’s representatives promptly replied by saying the rumors were misconstrued and “lost in translation” during an interview with an Austrian website.

Last week, Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, confirmed Jason Segel and the rest of the cast would return for a ninth and final season.

Tassler admitted her excitement for “this amazing cast to tell the final chapter and reveal television’s most mysterious mother to some of TV’s most passionate fans.”

But that’s not the only secret to be revealed next year.

“I’m excited to see how the writers tie up the story lines,” said Grace Kranstover, a 19-year-old UF political science sophomore, “like if Marshall ends up as a judge, if Lily takes up art again, and what ends up of Barney and Robin since I suspect their wedding will be this season’s finale.”