No. 9 Productions, Inc. is filming the pilot episode for a new show based in Gainesville on Saturday at the Squitieri Studio Theatre at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.

The show, entitled “Cypress Sessions,” will feature interviews and live performances from Gainesville and Florida-based musicians. It will be produced for TV and the web.

The pilot episode focuses on Michael Claytor, who has been writing and performing his own music since he moved to Gainesville for school in 2005.

“I’m super honored to be a part of this,” Claytor, 29, said. “Especially to be in the very first episode.”

Producer Bill Bryson said No. 9 Productions, Inc. is a “non-profit company with a mission of improving and enhancing the fine and cultural arts in the community.”

The idea from the show came from “Austin City Limits,” a show with a similar plot that has been broadcasted by PBS for more than 40 years, Bryson said.

Bryson said he hopes WUFT will pick up the series after the pilot episode is produced. A website will also be created for the series.

“It’s a really unique opportunity because this is something that hasn’t really been done in Gainesville before,” Bryson said.

The series is expected to have six to eight episodes in the first season. Bryson said he already has other artists in mind that he would like to feature.

“We’re going to try and get some bigger acts,” Bryson said, “but it’s particularly important to me to highlight these local artists that haven’t had as much exposure.”

The filming Saturday will consist of a live performance by Michael Claytor accompanied by other local artists, creating a band called Michael Claytor and His Friends.

Doors open at 7 p.m., and the performance starts at 8 p.m.

Christopher Brown is hosting the show and will be interviewing audience members before the performance begins. These interviews will likely be included in the pilot episode, Bryson said.

Claytor said the band will perform songs from both of his albums and brand new music he has recently written.

“Whether or not people like my music, I think Cypress Sessions will be really cool for Gainesville,” Claytor said.