Claire Lynch
Claire Lynch

A Grammy-nominated singer makes a stop in Gainesville this weekend as part of her 2016 tour.

Claire Lynch Band, helmed by award-winning vocalist Claire Lynch, will perform at the Historic Thomas Center on Friday for an evening of bluegrass.

Lynch has twice been nominated for a Grammy, according to the band’s press release, and has long been considered a pioneer for women in the bluegrass genre. She burst onto the scene in the 1970s, and in the ’80s and ’90s she led the Front Porch String Band to become one of the most iconic bluegrass bands playing the circuit.

In 2005, she formed the Claire Lynch band with Mark Schatz, Jarrod Walker and Bryan McDowell, and she has since won the International Bluegrass Music Association’s Female Vocalist of the Year award three times.

“For years, Lynch has delighted audiences and enjoyed reverent standing ovations for her shows at prestigious music festivals and theaters around the world,” said Jazz Godard, the publicist for the band. “She has crafted one of the most instantly identifiable sounds in acoustic music, encompassing classic bluegrass and thoughtful infusions of contemporary folk, country, rock and swing.”

Lynch has released 13 albums and is currently at work on her 14th, according to the press release. She has worked with huge names like Dolly Parton, Patty Loveless and Pam Tillis during her time in the industry.

Friday’s show at the Historic Thomas Center, located at 302 NE Sixth Ave., will kick off the Florida leg of the tour, which will also include shows in Winter Garden and Sarasota. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. show, and tickets are $20 at the door.