Gainesville Arts Market and Gainesville Arts Scene are sponsoring a Summer Indie Arts Market on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the SoMa Art Media Hub, located at 601 S. Main St.

According to Txong Moua, 32, the director of Gainesville Arts Scene, the Gainesville Arts Market takes place on the third Saturday of every month, with each market having a different theme.

Gainesville Arts Scene is an online platform sharing information about the creative and innovative people in the Gainesville community, according to its website.

The markets are always free and open to the public.

It has been about a year and a half since the markets began, with the majority of them taking place at SoMa within the last year. Previous locations for the markets included the Sun Center downtown and First Magnitude Brewing Company.

Moua said attendance at the markets varies each month, especially over the summer because a lot of college students are gone. Moua said a few hundred attendees are expected at this month’s market.

The indie theme was chosen for this month’s market because Moua wanted to emphasize what it means to be an independent organization.

“We’re not affiliated with any other organizations,” Moua said. “The markets are really based on vendor input and what local artists want the market to be.”

Moua said there are generally over 30 vendors at each market, with a lot of new vendors signing up each month.

“There’s a good range of both established artists and college students who are just starting out,” Moua said.

The indie market will feature two food trucks, Papa Pineapple and Soup to Nut.

Vendors will be selling products ranging from different mediums of art, such as painting, photography and mixed media, as well as crafters with handmade jewelry, home decor and clothing.

The markets are planned each month in collaboration with SoMa Media Hut and Moua’s team, consisting of an intern, one volunteer and a market manager, Moua said.

Visit gainesvilleartscene.com for more information about the organization and the monthly markets.