High Dive will put Gainesville’s finest rap and R&B artists on display with its Local Hip Hop Showcase event today. The venue, located at 210 SW Second Ave., will kick off the show at 8 p.m. and will feature rappers with all-star connections.

Artists and performers include NostroDonny, J Lite, Rucku$ Royal, GoodBuzz, Big Win and Sticky L headlining the event.

“High Dive is the foremost venue for underground hip-hop in Gainesville,” venue promoter Pat Lavery said. “Fans can expect a high energy mix of local Gainesville talent, with a big sound and light system to accompany them.”

Sticky L is a hip-hop artist originally from Lake City, Florida. He has opened for several big-name artists such as T-Pain, Pitbull and Lil Boosie, but High Dive’s event will mark Sticky L’s first major headlining performance.

The artist describes his sound as “very energetic; definitely down-south, club-crunk music.” As far as tonight’s performance goes, he looks forward to seeing his fans and said they should expect absolute “mayhem” during the show.

Sticky L began getting involved with hip-hop music between fourth and fifth grade, but it was not until about 10 years ago that he began recording professionally.

Music is many things for him: It is his income and how he supports himself and his daughter, his therapy and escape from the world and it is his drug, hearing the crowd chanting his name and knowing that hard work pays off, he said.

The show will be restricted to those 18 and older or minors accompanied by a parent or guardian. Advance tickets are available at ticketfly.com and at the door for $5.