When it comes to hip-hop and its evolution, Soulja Boy is arguably one of the most influential artists of all time; he was one of the first artists to succeed in the internet age. Using MySpace during its prime, Soulja Boy showed how it’s possible to use social media to get your music heard.

Now, with websites like Soundcloud, artists can upload their music and release it to the masses. Artists have gotten noticed in strange ways: take Rob $tone, whose song “Chill Bill” became popular off of a WorldStar fight video, or Lil Yachty, whose hit song “1 Night” spread like wildfire after a video using Yachty’s song went viral on Twitter.

24hrs is a very new artist from Atlanta whose first song on his Soundcloud was uploaded only eight months ago. What makes 24hrs interesting is no one knows who he is. There are no pictures of him anywhere online, his age is unknown, he doesn’t do features for other artists, he doesn’t do interviews besides the one he did with Complex’s Pigeons And Planes music blog back in April and he hasn’t performed in concert yet. 24hrs is a total mystery.

This is definitely a different approach for an artist to take, especially when people are quick at the chance to jump in the spotlight. 24hrs has said he remains a mystery because he wants people to like him solely for his music, and I can respect that.

24hrs has generated buzz through articles written on him, like his short interview with Pigeons And Planes and being featured on Drake’s OVO Sound radio show on Beats 1 Radio. 24hrs lets his music do the talking.

At first listen, 24hrs’ music is certainly different. His high-pitched, heavily autotuned voice will turn a lot of people off, but give him a few listens; you’ll be able to vibe with his music. The production on his songs is exceptional, and the mixing is that of an established artist. Incredible progress has been made, from his first tracks uploaded on Soundcloud to his EP “12:AM,” which dropped last week.

24hrs is a dope artist on the verge of major success. His Soundcloud plays are increasing by the day as more people are discovering him. Consider this your warning: Don’t sleep on 24hrs.