Aer is returning to Gainesville tonight.

The hip-hop and reggae duo comprised of vocalists David von Mering and Carter Schultz from Wayland, Massachusetts, will be performing at the High Dive, located at 210 SW Second Ave., along with performances from Jez Dior and Packy. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $18 or in advance for $15 at ticketweb.com, Hear Again Music and Movies or at the High Dive.

“It’s just going to be a beautiful scenery of music. You’re just going to see, feel and touch the music,” Mering said. “It’s going to bring everybody down to earth, as well as make them feel like they’re already in heaven.”

After the release of their first full-length album, “The Bright Side,” in July 2012, Aer has performed around North America and Europe with Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Dirty Heads and Hoodie Allen. Their self-titled album, released in January 2014, landed the duo a No. 26 spot on the Billboard Top 200 Chart and resulted in a sold-out nationwide tour.

Even with the spotlight, Schultz said that the duo never tries to mask their feelings or hide who they really are in the music they make.

“The thing is, we’re still human, and we’re still going through the same problems that so many people do,” Schultz said.

Schultz said he wants to keep the vibe fun so that people can see themselves within the band.

“Realistically, our main focus is on having fans who want to have fun and who want to party with us,” Schultz said.

Pat Lavery, the owner of music promotional company Glory Day Presents, wrote in an email he believes this could very well be a sold-out show.

“Gainesville loves its hip-hop and reggae rock, and Aer is a high energy blend of the 2 genres,” Lavery said.

The audience at tonight’s show can expect to hear a mix of old and new music, along with the band’s first single, “I Can’t Help It,” featured on their new album.

After all the tours, endless mobs of crowds, sold-out shows and billboard hits, Mering said that if he could go back in time and sit down with his 16-year-old self, he wouldn’t change anything that has happened to him; everything happens for a reason.

“I would tell myself to go as hard as you can,” Mering said, “I don’t regret a thing.”