Revivalists
Revivalists

New Orleans rock ’n’ roll septet the Revivalists is playing in Gainesville for the first time Wednesday.

The band will perform at High Dive, located at 210 SW Second Ave. Doors open at 8 p.m., and the show begins at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are available for $15 at the door or $13 in advance on ticketfly.com.

Pedal steel guitar player Ed Williams said the band’s national headlining tour is in support of their upcoming album, “Men Amongst Mountains,” which will be released Friday.

Williams mentioned the latest album features a different, more evolved sound than their last two.

“We still have some killer solos in there, but I think we definitely tried to put out something a little bit more mature, and we’re really proud of it.”

Due to the band’s crazy instrumentation, listeners can have a hard time putting them in a category, Williams said. The tour’s most adequate title would be “The Unending Tour” because the band never really stops, he said. 

Gainesville should expect an energetic show from the seven-member band.

Pat Lavery, the owner of Glory Days Presents, said the band’s high-energy show is led in part by the intense stage presence of front man David Shaw. 

“They have been favorites at Wanee Fest for the last few years, and we feel that energy will be only magnified in the intimate setting of a venue like High Dive,” he wrote in an email.

While they are very much a songwriting-based band, they will extend a lot of jams. They have been called a jam band before, but Williams thinks they prefer to be called a “band that jams.” 

With the Revivalists planning on bringing their A-game to Gainesville, you may want to be there for it.

“We’re definitely song-oriented,” Williams said. “But, you know, we’re from New Orleans, and when you live there with all that New Orleans culture, it’s hard to not get a little bit of that funk in you when you play.”