Self-made country artist Jerry Jacobs will be performing in Gainesville tonight and fans can expect a great twist on classic country music.

The singer, who described his musical style as a mix of ‘90s country music, rock, soft rock, pop and top 40, will be playing original pieces as well as covers from various genres.

"We do a little bit of everything to entertain a crowd that is there," Jacobs said.

The free event will take place Thursday at World of Beer, located at 140 SW 128 St. Doors open at 3 p.m., and the show begins at 8 p.m.

Tonight’s show will mark Jacobs’ first time performing in Gainesville as well as the first of five World of Beer locations where he will perform.

"I thought it would be fun because we’re trying to reach the college crowds," Jacobs said.

The Nashville-based country artist initially knew at a young age that he wanted to be a country singer. When Jacobs was 5 years old he went to his very first concert in Charleston, South Carolina, the singer’s hometown.

He said he realized his desire to perform at a Hootie and the Blowfish concert, where he told his dad it was what he wanted to do — and it still is.

In the fall of 2004, he became his own booking agent, manager and producer. The singer would take any opportunity to play, including talent shows, grocery stores and even the parking lot of Chick-fil-A.

"When I was in middle school and high school I was in a band, and every weekend I would try to play shows here in my hometown of South Carolina," Jacobs said.

Now, the musician has shared the stage with the likes of Kid Rock, Cole Swindell, Love and Theft, and Randy Houser. The current lineup includes Jacobs on vocal and guitar along with guitarist Beau Hedrich. The two guitarists met in Nashville, playing at a well-known honky-tonk called Tootsies Orchid Lounge.

What’s next for Jacobs? He expects to release his upcoming single, "Maybe Tonight," toward the end of fall.

Kerry Brock, general manager of World of Beer, said he is excited to see Jacobs perform.

"We have high expectations to see this country singer," Brock said. "We actually use a professional booking agency who recommends tremendous talent to us here."

Carrie Sammel, a co-founder of entertainment booking and management company CJS Productions, said she thought Jacobs’ sound would be a great addition to World of Beer.

"I like his versatility in his voice," Sammel said. "He can sing country, but can also sound perfect singing top 40 as well."