For the past two years, Flat Land has participated in UF’s Homecoming Parade, performing atop a trailer its members constructed while being pulled down University Avenue by a friend on a bicycle.

Flat Land, a local Gainesville band, consists of Fae Nageon de Lestang on violin and vocals, Grant McLeod on drums, Ian McLeod on percussion and keys, Christopher Storey on guitar and Greg Jungbluth on bass. All members except Miller are UF alumni.

The band, which performed at the Okeechobee Music Festival in the spring, released its first self-produced album, “Arrow to the Sun,” in July.

To support the cost of creating the album, Flat Land started a 30-day Kickstarter in which fans donated to fund the group’s debut album. The band raised $9,074 by the end of the fundraiser.

“Gainesville is a really tightknit community, and we feel really lucky,” Nageon de Lestang said. “Whenever we’ve done something that works out, it’s usually because we’ve had the support of our community behind us.”

To thank fans for their contributions, Flat Land is offering a free performance Friday night in downtown Gainesville.

The concert will include a guest performance by Ajeva, a St. Petersburg-based group that is a close friend of Flat Land and performed at last weekend’s Suwannee Hulaween music festival.

Flat Land’s set will also feature special performances dedicated to two fans who contributed to the group’s Kickstarter. The band will play songs requested by the chosen individuals.

The show will take place at First Magnitude Brewing Company, located at 1220 SE Veitch St., and doors will open at 6 p.m.

McLeod promised nice weather, good company and great music.

“It’s a free show with delicious beer,” he said. “What else would you want?”