This is part two of a two-part interview with Logic. To read part one, check out last week’s Avenue.

Logic is currently on The Endless Summer Tour with G-Eazy, Yo Gotti and YG. At their show in Tampa this past Sunday, I, along with my good friend David Spreen, were able to sit down with Logic on his tour bus and talk about his latest project “Bobby Tarantino,” tour life, new music, traveling and more. Check out the highlights from my interview with Logic.

Jack DaSilva: What about your recording process? Because you do a lot of your own production, do you start with a beat? A verse? Does it change?

Logic: I think sometimes I can have ideas or lines, and I’ll write those down without music, but I think the actual ideas for the songs, like the lyrics and the inspiration behind them, comes from the beats. I hear production and I get very inspired.

J: So you can make a beat and get inspired by your own work?

L: Oh yeah, absolutely.

David Spreen: That must be a great feeling.

L: It’s amazing, but also its good to have to have my guy 6ix there because he produces a lot of my beats, so it’s really awesome.

J: Tour life is so interesting, especially to a normal person like me. Are there places you haven’t toured where you would like to perform?

L: I really want to go to Japan!

J: Is it hard to get over there?

L: No, I just haven’t done it — I need to do it. I’m so transfixed on what I’m doing right now, but next year I am 100 percent going to Japan. I love Japan; I’ve always been so inspired by Tokyo and anime and all this different stuff. I wouldn’t necessarily tour, but just go over there, do a couple shows and produce some music. I think that’d be pretty awesome.

J: Artists do that all the time. They’ll go to different places to get inspiration.

L: I went to Hawaii to finish “The Incredible True Story,” actually.

J: Oh wow!

L: Yeah, I had never been to Hawaii, and I always wanted to go, so I went. YOLO!

J: Do you like to record overseas? Maybe in Europe or something?

L: I’ve never recorded overseas.

J: Really? Made in the USA, right?

L: I know, right? I’ve never thought about it that way… that’s kind of crazy!

J: Going back to how you were talking about tour life and how rough it is: What are some challenges you face on tour? Do you have some things you like to keep consistent? Like, do you have a favorite food you like to eat on the road?

L: Just eating in general is hard. There’s so much mental and physical stress that it’s literally hard for me to eat. This tour is a lot better though, and I think it’s because I’m doing a lot less — I’m not recording all the time. I don’t have all these insane things on my plate so it allows me to live normal. Sometimes it’s hard for me to wake up, you know what I mean? It’s hard to get up early and go outside — it’s just difficult to be on a bus all the time. It seems cool from the outside, and it is dope, and it is probably the best and most comfortable way to tour, but just imagine performing for an hour every single day for two, three months and any other time in between that like… I don’t even want to play video games; sometimes I don’t even feel like reading; sometimes I just want to go in the back and just lay there and that’s not healthy.

J: Do you try and stay active on the road?

L: I do. I like to play catch (with a baseball). It’s very simple — just to even get outside and get some sun is a big deal so I try to do that. Touring is special — there’s nothing like it. Another thing is, is that it’s not going to last forever. I mean, especially with the direction I’m going in music, I can probably get another 15 or 20 more years out of being able to tour. When I’m 50 it’s going to be a memory, so I have to really enjoy it and soak it up even in the hard times.

Check out “Bobby Tarantino” now. It’s available to stream on all services.