The return of college football isn’t the only event worth celebrating this weekend in Gainesville: it’s also Beyoncé’s 35th birthday.

To celebrate the iconic singer, who is fresh off of blowing everyone’s minds at the MTV Video Music Awards, the Atlantic is throwing a birthday bash Saturday in her honor with its Beyoncé Music Video Dance Party.

Doors open at 10 p.m. for the festivities, and DJ P-Funk will be playing all the hottest Beyoncé beats and related artists while mixing in the videos to each track, said Tom Rankine, the promoter for the Atlantic.

A giant projection screen on the dance floor and a flat-screen TV on the bar will also be showing Queen Bey’s hit music videos throughout the night. In addition to usual drink specials, there will be a few themed shots and mixed drinks to bring in Bey Day.

The Atlantic is expecting a few hundred people throughout the duration of the night, with more than 400 people “interested” and more than 200 people “going” to the event on Facebook, as of press time.

Regional Beyhive representative Tyler Francischine said to prepare for an ecstatic experience.

“So often, going out to a dance night at a club means slithering through a crowd to avoid unwanted grazes, bopping your head because the music was too boring to move your hips,” Francischine said. “This night is about celebrating the birthday of an icon for female independence, resilience and beauty, inside and out. And her songs make them hips swing.”

Mimi Zarate, an administrative assistant for UF Health, has hours of rigorous karate training on Friday and Saturday.

“If I can still walk, let alone dance, I’ll be there,” Zarate said.

Music will be playing until just before the venue closes at 2 a.m.

The Atlantic has hosted a number of themed dance parties in the past, including a recent Prince tribute dance party, and the venue is looking to host a “Stranger Things” dance party in the coming month. The club also hosts a monthly rotation of dance parties with themes like ’80s, ’90s, Goth and Motown nights.

Anyone over 18 is invited to the Beyonce event, with a $3 cover for those 21 and over and $5 for those under 21.

Gainesville; it’s also Beyoncé’s 35th birthday.

To celebrate the iconic singer, fresh off of blowing everyone’s minds at the MTV Video Music Awards, the Atlantic is throwing a birthday bash Saturday in her honor with its Beyoncé Music Video Dance Party.

Doors open at 10 p.m. for the festivities, and DJ P-Funk will be playing all the hottest Beyoncé beats and related artists while mixing in the videos to each track, said Tom Rankine, promoter for the Atlantic.

A giant projection screen on the dance floor and flat screen TV on the bar will also be showing Queen Bey’s hit music videos throughout the night. In addition to usual drink specials there will be a few themed shots and mix drinks to bring in Bey Day.

“So often, going out to a dance night at a club means slithering through a crowd to avoid unwanted grazes, bopping your head because the music was too boring to move your hips,” Francischine says. “This night is about celebrating the birthday of an icon for female independence, resilience and beauty, inside and out. And her songs make them hips swing.”

“If I can still walk, let alone dance, I'll be there,” Zarate said.

Music will be playing until just before the venue’s close at 2 a.m.

The Atlantic has hosted a number of themed dance parties in the past, including a recent Prince tribute dance party, and the venue is looking to host a “Stranger Things” dance party in the coming month. The club also hosts a monthly rotation of dance parties between ’80s and ’90s dance parties and Goth and Motown nights.