After a disappointing loss against the University of Louisville in the Sugar Bowl, the Gators football team has traded in its gameday uniform for practice jerseys this semester.

So, what is there to do in Gainesville now that football season has come and gone? There might be more than you think.

Basketball is the sport of choice for students during Spring.

Currently ranked 11th in the country, the Gators men’s basketball team has been predicted to be a national threat this season.

A major perk for students is that the games are free when you register for them at www.gatorzone.com.

As the weather warms up, it becomes the perfect time to head out to Ginnie Springs, Paynes Prairie or Lake Wauburg. All three locations offer scenic views, hiking and a great way to explore the nature of Gainesville.

“Gainesville has so much to offer when it comes to doing stuff outside,” said Patrick Wang, a 23-year-old UF engineering senior. “Floating down Ginnie Springs and canoeing at Wauburg are some of my favorite ways to relax with my friends on a beautiful day.”

Spring Break will come and go before you know it, and then, graduation will whisk away another class of seniors into the real world.

Plays, speeches, museum events and concerts — whatever you do this semester, remember: There are plenty of things to keep yourself busy, even if football season is over.