Staged Reading Potluck and ‘Smooth, Smooth Jazz’

The Continuum is having its first Staged Reading Potluck of the summer Thursday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Guests are invited to bring food, and a staged reading of the play “Smooth, Smooth Jazz” will begin at 7 p.m.

Mike Llerena & The Nerve album release show with NOMORE and The Reinhards

On Thursday at The Atlantic, from 9 p.m. to midnight, local band Mike Llerena & The Nerve will be having an album release show for their debut LP titled “Old Haunts & New Horizons.” Guest performers are NOMORE and The Reinhards. Admission is $5.

McFarland, Kaleb Stewart, Blake Trent and Champagne Jerry at the Hardback Cafe

At the Hardback Cafe on Thursday, indie band McFarland from Los Angeles will play alongside other bands. McFarland is currently on their first full U.S. tour. Admission is not listed, and the show starts at 9 p.m.

Gillian Carter, Thunderclap and To Forget at the Hardback Cafe

These bands will be performing at the Hardback Cafe on Friday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Admission is $5.

Saturday night block party at The Atlantic and Arcade Bar

The Atlantic will be having a block party with Arcade Bar with three DJs on stage at The Atlantic and more in the alley and in Arcade Bar. The show is Saturday from 10 p.m. to 1:45 a.m., and it is open to those 21 and up.

Timothy Eerie, The Mermers and Southpaw in The Backyard

These bands will be playing at The Backyard (located between Palomino Pool Hall and Boca Fiesta) Saturday from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Timothy Eerie is a band from Austin, Texas. The Mermers and Southpaw are local bands who will also be performing at The Fest. Doors open at 9 p.m., and admission is $5.

Boyfriend Material, Boston Marriage, Just Neighbors and Jenarchy at the Hardback Cafe

These bands will be playing at the Hardback Cafe on Sunday from 8 p.m. to midnight. This show will be local band Boyfriend Material’s last show because one of their members is moving to Nashville, Tennessee. Admission is $5.