As I was thinking of what I should do for this week’s DIY project, I realized that my bathroom counter was a little too messy for my taste. While surfing the Internet, I came across this idea of making your own vanity tray that you can put whatever you like in them. The process is extremely easy and the final outcome is very nice.

Materials!

What you need:

• Shallow plastic tray (I found mine at Michael’s)

• Sheet of scrapbook paper

• Scissors

• Pencil

• Mod Podge Gloss

• Foam paintbrush

Step 1

Step 1: Place your tray on top of the scrapbook paper and trace the outline of the base onto the backside of the paper then cut it out.

Step 2

Step 2: Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the interior base of the tray and place the cut out from the scrapbook paper on top of it.

Step 3

Step 3: If air bubbles appear, press them out to the edges of the paper and release them.

Step 4

Step 4: After pressing out the air bubbles, apply another thin layer of Mod Podge over it and allow to dry completely.

Step 5

Step 5: Once the Mod Podge has hardened into a glossy shine and is no longer wet to the touch, your tray is ready to use.

I may have gotten a little too invested in this project - I made another one for my mom’s bathroom and she ended up loving it.

Now both of our bathrooms are not as messy as before!