Alachua County has 354 cases of COVID-19 as of Friday, an increase in 14 cases from last week.

The county has reported 77 hospitalizations and five deaths, according to the Florida Department of Health’s COVID-19 dashboard. The median age of all reported cases in the county is 48.

Five of the deaths are attributed to the Parkland Care Center, located on 1000 SW 16th Ave. in Gainesville, according to a list of cases reported in assisted living facilities from the health department's website.

There were no new reported cases from the University of Florida this week, as per UF’s online COVID-19 updates. The last reported case was May 6 of an Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences employee.

About 0.38 percent of the 3,657 tests taken from Sunday to Thursday were positive, according to the department’s county summary. Last week, 2,952 residents tested for the virus, and roughly 0.71 percent of the tests were positive.

Since late April, the amount of new cases each week decreased. So far, there has been a drop in newly reported cases from 21 to 14 in the last week.

Zip codes in the county with the most cases include: 32601 with 60 cases, 32608 with 54 cases, 32607 with 37 cases, 32609 with 31 cases, 32605 with 29 cases and 32641 with 26 cases.

Contact Grethel at gaguila@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @GrethelAguila.

The COVID-19 virus.