Teachers, parents and students attended the Rally for Safe Reopening of Schools on July 21. The rally comes as the rate of positive COVID-19 cases surges in Florida. Attendees expressed concerns over the safety of themselves and their families upon returning to school in August.
“We either go digital, or go home,” one attendee said.
Eleanore Brown is a 4th year environmental engineering major with a minor in sustainability studies. She has been practicing photography for six years and is excited to be a part of the multimedia team.
In this Series
As featured on
COVID-19 Daily Numbers
Find a local business
- Fuchs sees UF on top as students hit rock bottom
- ‘So you think we’re playing?’: Photo of crowd outside bar creates controversy in Gainesville
- UF law students express dissent on hired UCF professor
- UF professor shared politically charged, misleading COVID-19 information with students
- Students torn over limited attendance this season
- “A wild ride”: Liv+ residents experience WiFi outages, unfinished rooms after delayed move in
- UF’s COVID-19 dashboard altered this week; nearly 1,300 students and faculty test positive in three weeks
- Gainesville restaurants take to the streets
- UF’s March Spring Break canceled, Winter Break extended by a week
- Despite all-SEC opponents, Gators draw easy schedule
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.