Alachua County Property Appraiser and staff member win state awards at conference

<p><span>Ed Crapo and Wendy Sapp awarded at The Florida Chapter of the International Association of Assessing Officers (FCIAAO) annual meeting</span></p>

Ed Crapo and Wendy Sapp awarded at The Florida Chapter of the International Association of Assessing Officers (FCIAAO) annual meeting

The Florida Chapter of the International Association of Assessing Officers awarded members of the Alachua County Property Appraiser’s Office for their work on at the chapter’s annual conference on May 2.

Ed Crapo, Alachua County Property Appraiser, was awarded the FCIAAO Lifetime Achievement Award and Wendy Sapp, Tax Roll Compliance Coordinator for the Property Appraiser’s Office and second vice president of the chapter, was awarded the President’s Award.

The FCIAAO Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to a member of the chapter who has made significant contributions to the chapter through active participation, according to the association’s website. Crapo has been the property appraiser for Alachua County since 1981.

“The totality of his career, what he has given to the chapter, set him up for the award and they thank him for that,” said Jeff Boyd, Public Information Coordinator for the Property Appraiser’s Office.

The chapter’s board takes nominations for the FCIAAO Lifetime Achievement Award from members and the President’s Award is picked by the president of the chapter, according to Sapp. The President’s Award recognizes a member of the board or committee member who goes above and beyond what is expected.

“It's an appreciation from the president of the chapter to say thank you for the work you've done and your dedication,” Sapp said.