‘American Horror Story’ actress to speak at UF

<p>Grossman</p>

Grossman

An “American Horror Story” actress will speak at UF on Monday and introduce  herself to students.

Naomi Grossman, who plays Pepper in “American Horror Story: Asylum” and “American Horror Story: Freak Show,” will speak at the Reitz Union Rion Ballroom at 7 p.m., said Emily Harrell, the speakers and comedians committee director for the Reitz Programming Board.

Grossman will speak about how she made it in Hollywood, how she started her career and what it’s like being a woman in the entertainment world, Harrell said.

Grossman will be paid $5,700, which includes the cost for her to perform, travel expenses and her lodging, Harrell said. Different committees within the Reitz Programming Board are covering the cost, she said.

Harrell said Grossman coming ties into  Halloween.

“We thought it would be really cool,” she said. “Especially because ‘American Horror Story’s’ new season premiered recently, and it is a popular TV show.”

The event is free for everyone, Harrell said.

The first 40 students who arrive will get a chance to meet Grossman, the 20-year-old said.

After the speech, those first 40 students will be ushered into another room where the meet and greet will occur, Harrell said.

Lauren Deutsch, a 19-year-old UF English sophomore, said she will try to attend the event because she loves “American Horror Story” and admires Grossman’s acting abilities.

“I am hoping Naomi will talk about ‘American Horror Story’ and how she got to where she is in the acting industry,” Deutsch said. “Although she has only been in two seasons and has played the same character, both of her performances were amazing.”

Grossman