Generic Crime
Generic Crime

An Alachua man stole an iPhone charger and was shocked with a stun gun, chased and arrested on Monday, Alachua Police Department said.

Kelvin Robinson, 37, told a Circle K clerk he was going to shoplift an iPhone charger, which was worth $9.99, from the gas station, located at 15089 NW US Highway 441, at about 12:45 p.m., and then took the charger, according to an arrest report. Police found Robinson in front of an AT&T store, located 15604 Main St., and an officer said Robinson was hesitant to walk toward them.

After he walked over, the officer went to grab Robinson by his left arm, but Robinson snatched his arm away and swung at the officer with his other arm, according to the report. The officer ordered Robinson to get on the ground, and Robinson backed away.

The officer said he used a stun gun on Robinson twice without any result. Robinson fled on foot for a third of a mile, where other officers arrested him.

Robinson was arrested on charges of theft, assaulting a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest without violence. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $15,000 bond.