<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-8f1fd5e4-1b63-6784-6bdb-6e71b4177cbf"><span>Matthew Scott Evron</span></span></p>

Matthew Scott Evron

A former UF student was pulled over Friday afternoon with marijuana, cocaine, Xanax and paraphernalia in the car, Alachua Police said.

Matthew Scott Evron, 22, stopped traffic at the intersection of Northwest 140 Street and Northwest 143rd Place when he turned right onto Northwest 143rd Place and drove over the sidewalk, nearly into a light pole and into oncoming eastbound traffic, according to an arrest report. A police officer saw Evron turn and pulled him over.

Evron told police he was driving from Gainesville to Gainesville, according to the report. Police said his eyes were glazed. He admitted there was possibly a crack cocaine pipe in the car, police said.

Police found a marijuana grinder with residue in it, 20 Xanax bars, two pieces of cocaine and a crack pipe with cocaine residue in the car and 15 Xanax bars on his person, according to the report.

Evron told police he smoked marijuana and took two Xanax pills earlier, APD said.

Police gave Evron a field sobriety test and took a sample of his urine.

He was charged with driving under the influence, possession of drugs equipment, possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine and possession of Aprazolam. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail and released after paying a $34,000 bond.

Evron received a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry in Fall 2017, John Hines, a university spokesperson, wrote in an email.

Evron could not be reached for comment.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @Lewis__Robert.

Matthew Scott Evron