<p class="p1"><span class="s1">UF students eat Krishna Lunch near the Plaza of the Americas. The warm weather and Wednesday menu offering of spaghetti brought a large turnout.&nbsp;</span></p>

UF students eat Krishna Lunch near the Plaza of the Americas. The warm weather and Wednesday menu offering of spaghetti brought a large turnout. 

Select time-crunched, vegetarian-food-loving students and staff at UF Health Shands Hospital no longer have to travel far for their favorite meals.

Inspired by 30 loyal Krishna lunch fans, Krishna Lunch 2 Go will box and deliver their lunches to the Health Professions/Nursing/Pharmacy complex beginning Tuesday.

“It’s been something that so many people in the Shands area wanted,” said Caitanya Long, vice president of the Krishna House. “With a short period of time for lunch, they were still willing to trek here. They love the lunch so much.”

Lunches will be packed in biodegradable carry-out containers and delivered by one of the Krishna workers to the picnic area between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.

The Krishnas will not charge a delivery fee, but they are asking for a $5 donation. 

With the idea of going green in mind, Gainesville Compost made a trailer for the Krishnas that attaches to a bicycle.

Cayman Talcott, who has been living at the Krishna House for two weeks, will deliver the food.

He said he looks forward to working outside.

“I’m really excited about it and hope other people are as excited as me,” Talcott said.

Krishna Lunch 2 Go is not meant as an expansion, Long said, but to take care of its dedicated customers.

“This is all happening by word-of-mouth,” she said. “We’re doing this for our hardcore Krishna lunch fans.”

[A version of this story ran on page 6 on 8/29/2014 under the headline "Krishna to deliver to Shands"]