Touring for traditions: Students document traditions for F Book

<p>Sydney Folsom, left, 23, and Sophia Saportas, 24, both UF civil engineering seniors, pose with the Bull Gator statue outside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Saportas said she’s very happy to finish her university years. “It’s about time,” Folsom said.</p>

Sydney Folsom, left, 23, and Sophia Saportas, 24, both UF civil engineering seniors, pose with the Bull Gator statue outside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Saportas said she’s very happy to finish her university years. “It’s about time,” Folsom said.

Reyna Bansil was nervous about climbing up Century Tower on Wednesday night.

She was one of about 30 students who participated in the UF Tradition Keepers tour, where students completed 12 traditions, including climbing Century Tower and rubbing the Albert Murphree statue’s shoe for good luck. The tour gave seniors the opportunity to complete their F-Book traditions before they graduate, said Avery Smith, a tradition keeper co-chair.

Bansil, a UF advertising and economics senior, went on the tour with friends. But she said she was still worried about climbing the bell tower.

"I’m kind of scared because it’s 192 stairs, and I’m not frequent in the gym," the 22-year-old said and then laughed.

Afterward, Bansil said she wasn’t as out of breath as she thought she’d be. She looked out the window to see campus from a new perspective.

"We are so busy with life that we forget to enjoy moments like this," Bansil said.

Nick Deering, a UF finance senior, said keeping up with the traditions made him feel part of the university.

While the 21-year-old originally planned on working on his financial class project Wednesday, he said a group of his friends decided to ditch the library for the tour.

"Studying at the library should be everyone’s favorite tradition," he said jokingly.

Jordan Walker (bottom right), a 20-year-old UF civil engineering junior and Cicerone, took photos of seniors on the Senior Bucket List Tour on Dec. 2, 2015. “I’m going to miss college and naps,” said Whitney Madrid, second from left, a 22-year-old UF finance and information systems senior.

UF seniors walk into Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to have their pictures taken by the field on Dec. 2, 2015. About 30 students visited eight campus locations on the bucket list of UF traditions. “Graduating is bittersweet. I had a great time here, but every good thing comes to an end,” said Nick Deering, a 21-year-old UF finance senior and one of the students at the stadium.

Griffin Plattner, a 22-year-old UF chemical engineering and business management senior, climbs onto the statue of Albert A. Murphree outside Criser Hall during the Senior Bucket List Tour. “This has been, by far, one of my funnest semesters,” said Plattner, who graduates this semester.

Adam Kelley, a UF mechanical and aerospace engineering sophomore, plays the carillon inside Century Tower for seniors on the UF Tradition Keepers’ Senior Bucket List tour. The students climbed the 13-story tower, learned about its history and took photos of themselves and each other inside.