UF students strapping on their high heels and tugging on their business jackets will have access to a new app during Career Showcase today and Wednesday. The app, called UF Career Services, was created by the Career Resource Center and is free for about 6,000 students who are planning to attend the event. The app also includes a map of about 300 employers’ booths in the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, said Liza Allison, a graduate assistant with the center. During the event, students can learn about employers’ education requirements and what they’re hiring for. “(The app) is live, and it’s out right now,” Allison said. Many students go to Career

Showcase to learn about employers and make personal connections, said UF business sophomore Lauren McAllister. “Career Showcase is about exposing myself to that high-intensity environment,” the 20-year-old said. The event, to be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., is moving back to the O’Connell Center after it relocated to the Southwest Recreation Center in Fall due to construction on the O’Connell Center, Allison said. “Working with the O’Connell Center is always a great experience because all of the knowledge they have and how much they care,” she said. Students will meet with nontechnical employers today and technical employers Wednesday. “One of the things we are always striving to do is to attract employers that our students are looking to connect with,” Allison said.