<p>UF President Kent Fuchs delivers his State of the University address in the Reitz Union Auditorium on Sept. 24, 2015. He plans to increase diversity and research opportunities at UF.</p>

UF President Kent Fuchs delivers his State of the University address in the Reitz Union Auditorium on Sept. 24, 2015. He plans to increase diversity and research opportunities at UF.

At 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, UF President Kent Fuchs stood in the Swamp and practiced.

“Two bits! Four bits! Six bits! A dollar! All for the Gators, stand up and holler!”

Fuchs will take center stage on The Swamp football field when UF takes on Florida State University prior to kickoff as the game's honorary Mr. Two Bits

He’ll be the first UF president to lead the chant.

The University Athletic Association asked Fuchs to partake in the 60-year-long tradition at the FSU game about a week and a half ago as a kickoff for his inauguration week, where Fuchs will be officially welcomed to the university as president Dec. 4.

Fuchs said he felt lucky to be given the chance, and he immediately said yes.

“I love that this is going to be the game against FSU,” he said. “I hope I don’t make any mistakes.”

His four children — Micah, Eric, Isaac and Christine; his daughter-in-law Mikaela; and his grandson Henry will attend the game, Fuchs said. They always visit for Thanksgiving and decided to stay for his entire inauguration week. Most of them have never visited UF before.

“This is a great opportunity for them to be introduced to the university,” he said.

He’s attended every football game, but he said having his family with him makes this game more special.

“I’m just so much looking forward to it,” he said. “I’ve never led a cheer before.”

Michael Cizek, a UF finance sophomore, knows what it’s like to be Mr. Two Bits. He was the Honorary Mr. Two Bits at the East Carolina game Sept. 12.  

Cizek, 20, said being Mr. Two Bits was thrilling, and he’s excited to see Fuchs on the field.

“It really says something about him that he’s willing to do something no president’s done before,” he said.

Cizek said Fuchs is unlike other school officials because he can relate to students.

“He really is just one of us,” he said.