<p>UF's College of Journalism and Communications was ranked among the best 10 journalism schools by <a href="CollegeMagazine.com" target="_blank">CollegeMagazine.com</a>.</p>

UF's College of Journalism and Communications was ranked among the best 10 journalism schools by CollegeMagazine.com.

UF’s College of Journalism and Communications made the top of the class in CollegeMagazine.com’s list of best journalism schools.

UF’s listing stated its “modern stance has kept it ahead of the curve, which has been pivotal for this ever-changing career path.”

The ranking, released Monday, listed the college’s four radio stations, two television stations and Interactive Media Lab among its resources.

The ranking was done as a block of best 10, rather than naming each college from first through 10th.

The website determined the rankings based on admittance, faculty, campus media outlets, available technology and internship opportunities.

John Wright, dean of the College of Journalism and Communications, said he credits students for the program’s accomplishments and recognition over the years.

“Our students go out and do wonderful things, and word gets around about this,” he said.

Norman Lewis, an assistant professor in the department of journalism, said he was proud the program was mentioned on the website, but rankings alone do not determine success.

“You can’t let rankings themselves, no matter how well done, be the determinant of quality,” Lewis said. “The determinant for me is do we give our students an opportunity to succeed in today’s world, and are we continuously working to make it even better?"

Colleges ranked by CollegeMagazine.com as the top 10 journalism schools:

• University of Florida
  • University of Georgia
  • Indiana University, Bloomington
  • University of Kansas
  • University of Maryland, College Park
  • University of Missouri at Columbia
  • University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
  • Northwestern University
  • Ohio University
  • Syracuse University