‘Come on down’ to the O'Connell Center for a live showing of 'The Price Is Right'

<p><span>"The Price Is Right" live show will be hosted by the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, 250 <span>Gale Lemerand</span> Drive, on April 16, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets went on sale Friday, and there are 3,200 seats available. </span></p>

"The Price Is Right" live show will be hosted by the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, 250 Gale Lemerand Drive, on April 16, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets went on sale Friday, and there are 3,200 seats available. 

Update: This story was updated Oct. 21 when ticket sale information became available.

Gainesville residents will soon put their best guesses forward during a live show of “The Price is Right.”

The non-televised Gainesville show was announced last Monday and will take place at the O’Connell Center on April 16 as part of its North American tour. 

Tickets, which were still available on Ticketmaster as of Sunday night, cost between $38 and $59 depending on seat location. 

Ticket sales for the live show have been available since Friday through Ticketmaster and the University Box Office. Lynda Reinhart, director of the O’Connell Center, wrote in an email that as of Monday afternoon, almost 1,000 out of the 3,200 available tickets to the live show have been sold.

“We hope everyone who grew up loving the show will come out and be part of the excitement to ‘Come On Down’,” Reinhart wrote.

Registration to be a contestant will open three hours before the show’s start time. Attendees must be at least 18 years old to be a contestant and will be selected by random drawing. 

Reinhart does not know who the host of the Gainesville live show will be yet or when it will be announced, but celebrities have hosted live shows before. 

Kayla Whitby, 27, lives about an hour away from Gainesville in Old Town, Florida, and will attend the live show. She said she has been a fan of “The Price Is Right” her whole life. 

Whitby’s favorite game from the show is Plinko, in which contestants win money by sliding round discs down a pegged board.She is excited to experience the show she grew up watching in person. 

“You stay home from school sick, you watch ‘The Price Is Right,’” she said. “I remember watching it with my great-grandma. If we would go to her house and ‘The Price Is Right’ would come on, everyone had to be quiet.