An argument over an ex-girlfriend ended violently Wednesday morning as a Gainesville woman used a box cutter to slash another woman’s neck, Gainesville Police said.

At about midnight, 35-year-old Yokita Yolanda Jones visited the North Main Street Wendy’s in search for one of its female employees. She was angry that the women was dating her ex-girlfriend, according to a police report.

When the woman walked onto the Wendy’s parking lot, located at 1711 N. Main St., Jones confronted her, slicing her in the face, neck, abdomen and shoulder, according to the report.

Jones and the woman had an ongoing argument over Facebook before the attack, according to a GPD statement.

The laceration on the woman’s neck was two inches deep and would have killed her if Jones had hit her jugular vein, according to the report. Some of the deep lacerations were more than six inches long.

Jones stopped once her girlfriend intervened, according to the report. Her role in the attack is being investigated.

The woman was taken to UF Health Shands Hospital and needed 10 stitches in her abdomen, 19 in her face and seven in her shoulder, according to the report. In total, 36 stitches were needed to close all of her wounds.

Police arrested Jones on a charge of attempted murder and took her to the Alachua County Jail, where she remains as of press time in lieu of a $500,000 bond.