Generic Crime 1.PNG
Generic Crime 1.PNG

Four Alachua County residents accused of drug trafficking were arrested by the FBI May 19.

Lorenza Aaron Durr, 29, Elboric Quadarius Robinson, 29, Morris Robinson, 55, and Roddrae Antonio Williams, 28, were accused of armed drug trafficking conspiracy, according to a Department of Justice press release Thursday.

The four were arrested and charged May 19, according to the criminal complaints accessed through Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER).

The arrests came after an extensive investigation by the FBI Jacksonville Violent Gang Safe Streets Task Force and support from the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force, the release said. More than 80 agents and officers used five search warrants to search properties during the investigation.

It is unclear how long the investigation was and whose properties were searched. When called, Amanda Videll, a spokesperson for FBI Jacksonville, directed The Alligator to PACER.

The alleged drug trafficking organization distributed cocaine, crack cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana, the release said.

The case was investigated by the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration and Florida Highway Patrol, according to the release. The Alachua County Sheriff's Office, UF Police Department, Gainesville Police Department, Alachua Police Department and Marion County Sheriff's Office also participated in the investigation.

If convicted, Durr, Elboric Quadarius Robinson, Morris Robinson and Williams can all face up to a life sentence and be fined up to $5 million, according to the release.

Art Forgey, a spokesperson for ACSO, told The Alligator the four arrested aren’t being held at the Alachua County Jail. Videll said where the accused are being held isn’t public information.

Contact Grethel at gaguila@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @GrethelAguila.